Augustine famously wrote “You have made us for yourself, Oh Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” We were made to worship. We were made for worship. The Westminster Shorter Catechism’s asks in the first question “What is the Chief End of Man?” to which the answer is “To Glorify God and to Enjoy Him Forever!”
It is for this reason, that we at Meadowview center our Church life around the Corporate Worship of our Lord, King, and Savior Jesus Christ on the Lord’s Day.
We are a Reformed Ordinary Means of Grace Church committed to the Regulative Principle of Worship.
[More will be added to this page in the future on the significance and philosophy of worship]
Here is what our Sunday’s Look like at Meadowview as we seek to Worship Our King Jesus:
Bible Hour begins at 9am
- PreK – 5th Grade in Children’s Wing
- 6th-12th Grades meet in the Youth Rm (9:15)
- Adult Classes: We usually have 2-3 adult classes during Bible Hour: a class just for women, a class for all adults, and we offer our church membership class (Discovering Meadowview) a couple times per year.
Sunday Morning Worship begins at 10:30 AM
- See “What Happens When I Arrive” for more details on what to expect and the format of our Liturgy (Order of Worship).
Sunday Evening* Worship Services at 5 pm: Aug 27, Sept 24, Oct 29, Nov 19, Dec 24
- Many of our life groups meet Sunday afternoon and evening. Additionally, many of our multi-generational and extended families have family gatherings Sunday afternoon into the evening.
- We do however have Sunday Evening Worship on a monthly basis, usually the 3rd or 4th Sunday of the month.