The quick and historical answer to this question is that the church’s leadership added the word to its name when it changed its denominational affiliation almost 50 years ago. Meadowview was originally part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.) from its inception in the 1940’s. But as that denomination began to drift from its moorings in the truths of holy scripture, Meadowview’s leadership decided to change its affiliation to the more biblically faithful Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod (RPCES). So in 1967, Meadowview added the word “Reformed” to self-consciously reflect its new affiliation.
However, the word “Reformed” remains in our name today as a way of showing our desire to remain faithful to God’s Word. When referring to theological traditions, the word “reformed” is simply short-hand for “reformed according to the scriptures”. This designation, dating back to the Protestant Reformation of the 16th century, is simply Meadowview’s way of affirming its desire to always govern itself, its people, and its various ministries according the Bible. Or as our church’s doctrinal standards puts it: “The supreme judge by which all controversies of religion are to be determined, and all decrees of councils, opinions of ancient writers, doctrines of men, and private spirits, are to be examined, and in whose sentence we are to rest, can be no other but the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scripture.” [Westminster Confession of Faith 1.10]