Dear Meadowview Family, Friday, 3/13/20
3/14 UPDATE – Governor Cooper has issued an Executive Order Prohibiting gatherings of over 100 people. Therefore, we will not have public worship at Meadowview on Sunday, 3/15. We will Livestream the Service on our YouTube Channel and the link will be on our Facebook Page.
As you know there is growing concern over the Coronavirus spreading in the U.S. Recently, this has hit closer to home with reported cases in Forsyth County. We know there are many opinions on the severity and potential impact of COVID-19. It is not our intent to act out of fear nor to be apathetic, but rather to make wise decisions taking into account all the factors that affect operating our facility and gatherings, such as volunteers needed, additional facility cleaning after events, and the care of our weaker members to name a few.
While it has been advised that all gatherings of over 100 people be cancelled,
we will not be cancelling Sunday Worship at this time. Life Group meetings will be determined by Life Group leaders on a group-by-group basis. But Life Groups will need to meet off of Church Property, unless they meet in the Worship Center.
However, all other whole-church fellowship gatherings for the next week will be cancelled or rescheduled. We will re-evaluate after that. Specifically, Cancellations Include:
1) Sunday School, Youth, Children’s Ministry, & Nursery – 3/15
- We understand our Sunday School classes, especially in our preschool and children’s areas, are much more intimate and put people in a more susceptible position to spread germs. It is easier to keep one room disinfected than multiple children’s rooms filled with toys and adult classes filled with hugs, handshakes, and discussions. There simply is not nearly as much interaction with individuals during the worship service and we even ask that our normal physical interaction be reduced greatly. We will also not be able to provide childcare, nursery, nor Children’s Worship Training during the Worship Service.
- Parents are welcome to use the Rocking and Nursing Rooms in the Narthex during the Worship Service if they view that as a help with their children. Worship can be heard and seen through the windows.
2) Wednesday Night Supper & Wednesday Night Activities. 3/18
- For the same reasons as above.
3) Mission Conference Next Weekend. 3/21-22
- Missionaries are flying in for this and are likely to cancel, as one of our main speakers already has.
- We do not know at this time if it will be rescheduled.
4) Short-Term Mission Trip to New Bern.
- While this is the following week, we already know that our Mission Agency, MNA, has cancelled all trips to New Bern for the foreseeable future.
To all of our ministry leaders, I’m sorry that you have not been notified personally. There are just so many leaders and volunteers it is difficult to do that.
As I mentioned, we will have Worship Sunday morning at 10:30 AM(see note at top of page about Livestream) and Life Groups can decide whether or not they want to meet off of Church Property. Each person should make wise decisions for themselves and their families. We’d love for you to join us in Worship if you are well and we encourage all people to practice proper health etiquette and hygiene. (Cough into your elbow. Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizer. Practice social distancing by limiting physical contact with others. But if you’re able, please join us (ON OUR LIVESTREAM AS WE) Worship as we lift up our prayers and hearts to the Lord to stop this pandemic in its tracks.
For specifics on the Coronavirus, how to stay safe, and what is going on in NC related to this, you should visit the following sources:
I realize this will seem like an overreaction to some, and still to others we will not have gone far enough. Our goal is not to please certain people nor to succumb to the ways of the world. Please know your Elders are in prayer for the right way to respond at this time. Please be in prayer for us as we look to make God-honoring decisions. Also, be in prayer that God is glorified in all of this. We can shine light into this dark situation with the Gospel of Jesus Christ which is a message of hope. (Romans 1:16. 5:1) Be on the lookout for those opportunities. They are all around us. (1 Peter 3:15). Also, Remember who is on the throne!
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)